Sherborne Web Design Ltd Terms & Conditions
- Contract: The customer's approval for work to commence shall be deemed a contractual agreement between the customer and Sherborne Web Design Ltd. Approval for the work to commence and payment of the deposit indicates that the customer accepts the terms and conditions detailed on our website at www.sherbornewebdesign.co.uk/terms_and_conditions.php.
- Sherborne Web Design Ltd Intellectual Copyright: Sherborne Web Design Ltd holds intellectual copyright of any material created for the customer until payment of the final invoice. At this time we will transfer this intellectual copyright to the customer.
- Clients Responsibilities with Regard to Copyright: In situations where the customer provides images, text, animations,
layouts or any other content for their website the customer is legally responsible for ensuring that this material does not infringe
Certain images provided by Sherborne Web Design Ltd may have been purchased under licence from stock image suppliers. These images are generally only licensed for use on a website. The licence may not permit them to be used in publicity material. The website owner is legally responsible for ensuring that this does not happen. If the customer wishes to use any images from the site for other purposes please contact Sherborne Web Design Ltd for clarification.
- Domain Registration: Any domain name registered will be registered under the customer's name so that they have full ownership. Sherborne Web Design Ltd are a Channel Partner with Nominet UK (.uk domains); our IPS Tag is HAPPYHARE.
- Search Engine Promotion: If Search Engine Optimisation has been agreed as part of the contract the customer must be aware that Sherborne Web Design Ltd are not responsible for ongoing web site promotion. Should the customer require the site to be promoted on an ongoing basis a separate contract must be agreed. The order in which websites are ranked in the natural search results is controlled by the search engines. While we can optimise your site initially for this by making it search engine friendly, it is impossible to make any guarantees on ranking position.
- Cancellation: Should the customer wish to cancel at any point during the process they shall remain liable for the deposit and it shall be forfeit.
- Conceptualising: Conceptualising is the process of producing website concepts for customers. Concepts can include site mock ups, graphics and design proposals. This clearly takes a lot of time and for higher cost websites it will be included. For low cost sites (ie below £750) the customer should be aware that (unless previously agreed) only one concept is possible. The customer should therefore ensure that they let Sherborne Web Design Ltd have your preferred colour scheme and design requirements beforehand. If the customer does not do this Sherborne Web Design Ltd will design the website appropriately. If it is not to the customers taste Sherborne Web Design Ltd may not be able to rework the website without additional charges. This is why it is often best to show Sherborne Web Design Ltd another website(s) that the customer likes as an example(s) of what is required.
- Quotations: The price quoted to the customer is for the work specifically agreed on the quotation only. Should the customer decide that changes are required after work on the website has commenced there may be a surcharge.
- Payment - Deposit: A deposit is required before work can start, the amount will be advised as part of any quotation. Customers should only pay this deposit if they agree to our terms and conditions. Payment of the deposit will be taken as agreement.
- Payment - Refund Policy: After work on a website commences deposits are not refundable.
- Payment Methods: Unless otherwise agreed, payment is only accepted by electronic bank payment (preferred method), cheque or bankers draft in UK Pounds Sterling. If the customer's cheque is returned by the bank as unpaid for any reason, the customer will be liable for a "returned cheque" charge of £35.
- Payment of Balance: Invoices are only issued when customers accept that their website has been completed to their satisfaction. Payment of the balance is due immediately on completion of the website and prior to the website going live. Sherborne Web Design Ltd reserves the right not to launch a website until full payment has been received.
- Late Payment 1: Any websites previously launched may be removed if payment is not forthcoming. When this occurs an additional minimum charge of £50 will be required to have the site restored.
- Late Payment 2: Accounts that have not been settled within 7 days of a final reminder may incur a late payment charge of 10% of the amount outstanding. You may also be charged statutory interest of 8% above the reference rate (fixed for the six month period within which date the invoices became overdue) pursuant to the late payment legislation.
- Late Payment 3: Sherborne Web Design Ltd reserve the right to suspend or terminate any services at the end of the paid-up period. Where this occurs an additional minimum charge of £50 will be required to have the services restored.
- Compliance with Ecommerce, Accessibility or Other Regulations: Sherborne Web Design Ltd designs websites in accordance with
the customer's specifications. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the website and its content comply with current online
trading laws and regulations.
Sherborne Web Design Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any failure to comply with laws and regulations related to accessibility, selling online or those related to a specific business or trade. Sherborne Web Design Ltd can research this on the customer's behalf upon request, but in any business where complex compliance issues may exist Sherborne Web Design Ltd recommends that the customer takes legal advice from a qualified third party such as a solicitor.
- Validity of Quotation: Unless otherwise agreed any quotation provided will be valid for 30 days from the date of receipt.
- Hosting/Email Services: Unless otherwise stated/advised our hosting and e-mail services are provided via Rackspace (UK, Rackspace Ltd & USA, Rackspace US, Inc). Rackspace are the world's service leader in hosting and we have a high standard of Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place covering service availability. Sherborne Web Design Ltd makes no additional warranty as to service availability. Customers wishing to know more should contact us for information.
Should Sherborne Web Design Ltd waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Sherborne Web Design Ltd to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Sherborne Web Design Ltd reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms or conditions at any time. Should clarification of any of the above be required please contact us.